Baby essentials ...

/

Monday





Mondays will be dedicated to motherhood, so lets start at the beginning, with baby essentials.

When I was pregnant with my first child, I was totally overwhelmed with all the baby stuff on the market. I couldn't figure it out, what will my baby and I really need from day one. So now is the time to confess, I made some very bad choices, that cost a lot of money. I should listened to my mom's advice to buy just the essentials, but how, if I didn't know what they where!

So I put together a list of most essential items, by my opinion, that you will need to buy in the first year:
  • CAR SEAT +0, if you have a car
  • STROLLER with a BUNDLE BAG for the winter, big enough from the first to the last day
  • BABY CARRIER if you would like to carry your baby
  • DIAPER BAG, to carry around when you need it, you don' have to buy a specific diaper bag, if you have a bag that is the right size and easy accessible, that just it

  • CRIB
  • MATTRESS
  • MATTRESS PAD and 
  • two sets of BEDDING
  • I would add two BLANKETS, one for the summer and one for the winter, depending where you live

  • CHANGING TABLE if you have a table or a dresser high enough use just them and a
  • PAD with two
  • PAD COVERS

  • CLOTHES DIAPERS, they are good for everything, you will see

  • DIAPERS, don't buy a lot of them just by one company, try different ones, to find the best for your baby
  • WIPES
  • RASH CREAM
  • ASPIRATOR
  • SALINE DROPS
  • NAIL CLIPPERS or SCISSORS
  • DIGITAL RECTAL THERMOMETER
  • TUB if you don't have any suitable bucket
  • TOWEL one is enough
  • BABY SOAP
  • HAIRBRUSH
  • TOOTHBRUSH
  • TOOTHPASTE

  • NURSING PILOW 
  • BREAST PUMP
  • MILK STORAGE BOTTLES OR BAGS
  • LANOLIN NIPPLE CREAM
  • NURSING BRAS 
  • NURSING SHIRT
  • BREAST PADS all if you will breast feed or

  • BOTTLES small and big one
  • FORMULA MILK
  • BRUSH for cleaning the bottles

  • PACIFIER/DUMMY or something like GIRAFFE SOPHIE, not all baby's like the classical baby pacifiers

  • HIGH CHAIR from 6 months on...
  • TRAVEL CRIB if you travel a lot, it can be used as a 
  • PLAYPEN
  • SAFETY ACCESSORIES, for electrical socket, doors, stairs...

    • CLOTHES & co. will get a post of its own as
    • BOOKS & TOYS.

    Remember, ALL BABIES ARE DIFFERENT.  What is loved by one, will not be liked by the other, so don't buy everything before you get to know your baby. My two little angels, were totally different, as you will see in the upcoming posts, where I will write about specific baby products, that were loved by one or both of them. 

    What do you think, did I forget something?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Nice comments only, please. (That means you, anonymous.)