life balance

/

Monday

What is a life balance for a full-time working mom?

And how to have or maintain one in this crazy world?

  • I don't really know.
  • I don't have a clue.
  • I don't have a full time job, I have no job... that is from my view my only problem. When this one will be solved, I will be happy, but at the same time I know that hundred new problems in association with time management and life balance will emerge.

My two friends, bought have a full time job, small children, no domestic, babysitter or dog-walker help, ... have problems managing it all. Mostly they save time and energy on themselves, they don't even find the time to cook for themselves. How horrible is that?

We just have 24 hours a day.
And we use them very differently.

An average full time working mum that I know works from 8 to 10 hours per day, 5 days a week.
Then they spend 1 hour to get to work and I would say one additional hours to bring and pick up kids from Kindergarten. 
That together are 10 hours or half a day, that is already gone. 
If we add 7 hours for sleep we have 7 or 5 hours remaining for her to:
to get up, to dress, to do make-up or not, to eat, prepare the kids, to walk the dog - 1, to eat lunch, to walk the dog - 2, to make dinner, do eat dinner, to clean, to shop, to manage finances, to put kids to bed, to do some sports, to prepare herself for bed, to walk the dog - the third time

& to be a good mom, wife, daughter... just a rough version.

By my opinion, to manage all or some of this things on a level that makes you proud and happy, is the ultimate goal from all of us. 

But how to do it? 
Would like to read your thoughts on this subject, so just comment below. 

Love, Jelena

1 comment:

Nice comments only, please. (That means you, anonymous.)